I was recently nominated for this award by Ajaytao2010, whose blog can be seen here, he has some fabulous pictures on his blog, and it is well worth a look. Thank you Ajay!
The rules for accepting the award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog (top).
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Here are 7 things about me:
1. I was born in Ireland, moved away to Africa in my twenties, (a long time ago!) and have been back ‘home’ in Ireland now for about 10 years.
2. I love travel, and recently spent a month with friends in family in South Africa and Zimbabwe, 2 countries with spectacular scenery.
3. When I first came back to Ireland 10 years ago, the thing I missed most was the constant sunshine, and warmth – probably something I took for granted while living in a warm climate.
4. I have 4 children, all born in Africa, and 3 adorable grandchildren who live in Norway, I try to visit them whenever I can, and being able to connect to them on Skype is the next best thing to being there.
5. I have been blogging since December, and am totally addicted to catching up with fellow bloggers and reading their posts.
6. I have been semi-retired since the end of November, and love the freedom from a 9 -5 routine.
7. I am joined a hill-walking club, and about 50 of us are going walking in the Dolomites in Italy in early July, and I am really looking forward to that.
Walking in West Cork
The following are the blogs that I nominate, because they have made me laugh, made me go ‘wow’, made me envious, made me amazed, and inspired me. It was difficult to choose, as all the blogs I follow have something that appeals to me. So, as they say in all the best tv shows, here they are – in no particular order:-
Englishman in Italy
Bucket List Publications
Live Simply, Travel Lightly, Love Passionately and Don’t forget to breathe
The Worlds Top 10 of anything and everything
The Cheeky Diva
Africa Far and Wide
Life Out of the Box
Natalie Elizabeth Beech
Strelitzia – Bird of Paradise, my favourite exotic flower